Search This Blog

Friday, October 1, 2010

The shortest script you'll ever read

Me and him, sitting in a car.
He thinks I've gone too far.

H: What the FUCK were you thinking?
M: Why didn't YOU tell me what was happening?
H: Well, thanks to you, we now have a dead body residing in our trunk.
M: Well-
Wait, thanks to ME? Are you fucking joking? This is all because of you! You started it, and it grew into something more than what you can handle!
H: I am. Not. Cleaning this up. I am out of this.
M: You decide your level of involvement!
H: I have! And I want out!
M: You know there is no 'out'. You started this. You can't leave now.
H: I started this, and now, I'm stopping it. Goodbye.
M: Wait, what the fuck are you doing!
H: Look at you. You are fucking pathetic. Trying so desperately to cling onto life. Why? So you can go back and dispose of the body? Dig up a nice 6 foot deep grave? Hell, dig one for yourself. Just stop thinking. Just, let go.

I stare at Him. He was right. What little did I have to hold onto? Slowly, I let go of the wheel, and he guns the accelerator. We are doing 90 on the wrong side of the freeway. A crash is inevitable. 110. I'm starting to regret my rash actions. 120.

H: What is one thing you wish you did before you died?
M: What?
H: Tell me. Before this ride ends. What was one thing you wish you did before you died?
M: I don't know. I don't know.
H: Tell me! If you were to die, right now, at this very moment, how would you feel, about your life?
M: I wouldn't feel anything good about my life! Is that what you wanted to here?
H: That's...one thing! Just name one thing!
M: FINE! I'd wish I-


*If you watch Fight Club, you'd notice that several lines in this short story are influenced by the film. Ah hell, not influenced, I downright stole them. I feel bad. But I've used them in kindaaaa different context, and the whole thing is pretty much different. It's a similar setting and events, but I've just led them to somewhere different.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it or hate it, comment.