Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A very short story.

It is currently 12:25AM, and I’m hiding under my bed.
12:26AM, and the knocking starts again. I can him hear him rapping against the windows. He will never get in here. He needs permission to enter here. I know how it goes.
The knocking has been starting and stopping for quite a while now. I cannot sleep. It has been days since I’ve rested my eyes for more than an hour. Why me? What is it that makes me so appealing? The fact that I live by myself, that I have little to no friends who would notice my untimely disappearance? He knows how to pick em.
It is 12:27, and I’ve given up. I whisper two words, and then I hear the rapping. Again. Against my bedroom door.
I close my eyes…finally.


*I was thinking about Let The Right One In, fantastic book btw, pick up a copy if you haven't already, it's absolutely brilliant. And there's this rule, that the only way a vampire is allowed into someone's house is if the person let's them in voluntarily, whether by physically opening an entrance, or just saying: come in. And I decided to write a very short story about it. It's very crap, and very short, and I couldn't be bothered extending it. Oh btw, he is only still knocking in the end to taunt me. So...just clarifying that.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it or hate it, comment.